A faulty garage door is not just about the inconvenience, but it is also a safety concern issue.
By providing the garage door with regular preventive maintenance checks, it ensures the hardware is in its perfect working condition.
Also, the garage door receives a significant amount of exposure to detrimental elements.
Thus, it’s only wise to give it regular upkeep to avoid any inconvenience in the future.
Read on and find out why the garage door needs preventive maintenance checks regularly.
Importance of Garage Door Preventive Maintenance Checklist
Just like any mechanical object with gears–garage doors require to be maintained for grease and parts replacement.
Garage doors are exposed to all types of harsh elements and daily wearing eventually losing the robust qualities.
Besides the daily wear and tear, garage door owners often disregard the importance of preventive care and maintenance.
Together, these elements cause the hardware to deteriorate compromising the overall mechanism.
And the longer the issues will be taken for granted–the more costly garage door repairs will be.
When Should I Do Garage Door Preventive Maintenance Checklist
Usually, homeowners and even commercial establishment owners disregard the importance of preventive maintenance checks.
For high-performing hardware, a preventive maintenance check should be done every six (6) months, annually, or as needed.
Once in a while, incorporate a simple maintenance routine check such as applying grease, tightening the loose bolts or screws, etc.
However, always give precedence to professional preventive maintenance checks for a more detailed and comprehensive check.
Garage Door Preventive Maintenance Checklist
To maintain the garage door in its perfect working condition, providing it with preventive care allows the hardware to live past its life span.
Here’s how we do our comprehensive Garage Door Preventive Maintenance Checklist for every resident’s robust hardware in San Jose.
- Spring(s). We do a visual inspection to see signs of wearing, rust, and other damaging elements including the springs’ proper measurement.
- Cable(s). To ensure there are no signs of kinking and fraying that might result in damages.
- Rollers. To eliminate any particles or debris resulting in blockage and quiet performance.
- Door panel(s). To inspect for dents, tears, pain fading, or peeling.
- Garage door windows (if there are any). Inspect for cracks or broken parts for a proper replacement.
- Weatherstripping. Checking for signs of wearing for a proper replacement to eliminate pests and drafts entering the garage.
- Tracks. Inspecting for bent or damage to ensure a smooth passage of the door panel.
- Hinges. To check for signs of excessive wear that can lead to further damages.
- Balance. A well-balanced and even door means the springs are fully functional.
- Sensors. By removing any debris or object, it will ensure that the garage door will not prompt incoherent commands.
- Motor. The garage door motor receives a significant amount of wearing thus the importance of making sure its optimal condition.
- Openers. A malfunctioning garage door opener can stress other moving parts or gears.
To find out more about our garage door preventive maintenance checklist, feel free to call us at any time.
24-Hour Garage Door Services in San Jose
For emergency or same-day garage door services–our expert technicians are up and ready at any time.
Don’t let a faulty garage door compromise the safety of the entire family.
We provide a range of services from parts replacement, installations, maintenance, and major repairs.
Call us to ensure the hardware is in its perfect working condition 24/7.
Affordable Garage Door Preventive Maintenance Service in San Jose
Our garage door company made sure that the residents in San Jose can access our services.
For residential and commercial garage door services, we offer an array of high-quality services at an approachable price.
Discuss with us what type of services we can offer to ensure a high-performing garage door 24/7.
A preventive maintenance check is not about avoiding costly repairs, it is also about safety and security.
We are all familiar with the garage door’s mechanism and what can it do when it stops working–it’s either a safety risk or inconvenience.
To ensure our family’s safety, make sure the garage door is in its best working condition.
Entrust all the garage door services to a reliable technical team in San Jose.
Request Us for A Free Quote on Garage Door Preventive Maintenance Checklist
For bookings and a free estimate on garage door repair and services, call us at any time.
We are more than glad to serve the people in San Jose to ensure the hardware is at its peak.
Don’t hesitate and call us right away!